Live 4 Today
September 2011 Issue #001
Welcome to this month's issue.
- Being content
- Growing your own Vegetables
- Frugal Tip of the month
- Spinach Corn Fritters
"Contentment brings with it a sense of happiness and satisfaction - like smiling on the inside." - Ray-Anne Cahill
To be content means to be at peace with your situation, what you have and who you are. There are very few truly content people out there. They're always longing for that bigger house, newest techno gadget or trying to keep up with the latest fashion - thinking that will make them happy.
But someone will always be better off than you and if you don't find happiness within yourself and with what you have now you will always be chasing after "contentment" but never finding it.
Find joy in the little things and appreciate what you have and who you are.
The end result?
Grow your own
Slow down and tune in to nature's slower pace.
Gardening is a wonderful unwinding tool - why not go even further by
growing your own vegetables
and saving money too!
Rules to remember:
Your kids will love eating their own handiwork - so involve them in your vegetable gardening!
- Prepare and nourish your soil well by adding sufficient compost.
- Maintain your garden regularly by watering it regularly and devoting a little bit of time to it every day.
You'll be surprised when your picky eater suddenly starts eating green beans or asks you to cook beetroot for dinner!
Enjoy your garden.
Tip of the Month
To remove gum from clothes, place the item in the freezer until the gum hardens. Then peel the gum off the clothing item.
Spinach Corn Fritter
- 1 Tbsp oil for frying
- 1 Tin of sweetcorn, drained
- 1 Cup cook spinach, drained and shredded
- 2/3 Cup self-raising flour
- 1 Large egg, whisked
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 Cup grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together and drop tablespoons of the mixture in a frying pan.
- Fry each fritter in the oil on medium heat for about 4 minutes, turning halfway.
- Add more oil when necessary. Place the fritters on paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- Serve it as a side dish with
and a fresh garden salad -from your own veggie garden of course ;-)
"But godliness with contentment is great gain." 1 Timothy 6 verse 6
Content 4 Today
Happy Frugal Living everyone