Live 4 Today
February 2012 Issue #006
Welcome to this month's issue.
- Make time for yourself
- Frugal Diet
- Frugal Tip of the month
- Potato and Onion Quiche
"Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own." - Robert A. Heinlein
Wow - that is so true.
My husband and children's happiness and security are so important to me. Hurt my family and you hurt me. I would give my life to protect them.
The selfish kind of "love" - that is not the real kind, that's called infatuation or puppy love. It lasts a season and when it is burnt out many decide not to stick around....
Ah, how they miss out (divorce seem so easy but never is, there are so many losers) - little do they know - if you really work at your marriage, get over the hurdles - things only get better: the love, the closeness, the friendship.
No one ever said love was easy - ah but it is worth it!
To help keep your romantic flame burning, try this fab
love jar idea.
To be a good mom and wife, you sometimes need time on your own, I call this "Me time".
Once a month or perhaps even once a week, can go a long way.
At the end of the month, you won't feel that it was just all about your kids and husband.
- Take time out and read a book (perhaps do this every Sunday afternoon);
- Take that Sunday afternoon nap [after your book reading ;-)];
- Meet a girlfriend for coffee or have her over and chat up a storm;
- Make time to do your make-up and
care for your hair.
Even if you spend most days at home - if you look good, you'll feel good too or
- Apply that once a month
Diets can be expensive - it is almost safe to say "only the rich can afford to be thin."
Ha ha! But jokes aside - you too can afford it.
I am not a dietician but after my second baby I really needed to lose weight but couldn't afford to eat all those fancy "diet foods", so I worked out my own
frugal diet plan
, and it worked for me.
Remember though that no diet works on its own. You need to exercise AND drink your 6 - 8 glasses of water or herbal tea daily.
TIP OF THE MONTH
To clear a blocked drain, sprinkle bicarbonate of soda into the drain and slowly pour white vinegar on it. Repeat it once or twice if necessary.
POTATO AND ONION QUICHE
Pastry: 250g cake flour, 5ml salt and 125g margarine
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 100ml (3.5 fl oz) melted butter
- 1/2 Cup Low-fat milk
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 4 medium potatoes, cooked and cut in cubes
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 Cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients for the pastry together and press the soft dough into a pastry dish.
- Spread the cooked potato cubes on the base of the pastry and add the onion and green pepper.
- Mix the milk, cheese, eggs and herbs together and pour it over the dish.
- Season to taste and bake at 180deg Celsius for 50 minutes. Serve with a fresh salad.
"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Psalm 139 verse 14
Blessed 4 Today
Happy Frugal Living everyone!
To view back issues of this e-zine, please visit my
back issues page.