The Frugal Diet
Diets are expensive.
My grocery bill always used to shoot up whenever I tried to shed those extra pounds.
After my 2nd baby, I was determined to lose the "baby weight".
So I gathered the affordable bits from several different weight loss programs and worked out my own "frugal" diet.
This is what I did and it worked for me. I hope it will work for you too:
*Please note that I am not a dietician, this is merely a diet plan that worked for me.
Points to remember:
- No diet works purely on its own. You need to exercise AND drink your 6 - 8 glasses of water or herbal tea.
- Add Turmeric to as many dishes as possible. It is believed to increase your metabolism.
- Don't skip breakfast - this jump-starts your metabolism.
- Vegetables low in kilojoules are: baby marrow, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cucumber, green beans, peppers, mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, brinjal, cauliflower, asparagus, cabbage and artichokes.
- No more than 4 cups of coffee or tea (use approximately 250ml fat-free milk per day in your coffee/tea)
- Do not use more than 2 cups of fat-free milk during your day
- Make it crunchy. I love to add a bit of crunch to every meal. That way all my senses participate when I eat!
- Whatever you do, DON'T CHEAT! Once you start cheating the battle is already half lost. It won't be long before you "give" in to more and more temptations.
Tell yourself that once you have reached your goal weight that you'll spoil yourself then only and not with a piece of chocolate cake but with a new outfit.
*For specific menu food options, please click on the selected item.
Return from the frugal diet page to the Frugal Living Home Page